Pictures from Bangkok, Thailand
1. At Wat Pho Buddhist temple
2. The Reclining Buddha. It was huge, 15 m high and 43 m long
3. The feet of the Reclining Buddha was ornamented with mother of pearl. It was absolutely beautiful
4. Another buddha at Wat Pho. We walked around the area for about an hour. It was a pretty amazing temple.
5. Wat Arun, another Buddhist temple in Bangkok. We had to take a ferry across a river to get to this temple and got to climb up it. The steps were extremely steep and quite frightening to climb down, especially when you’re not a fan of heights (me)
6. The view from the top of Wat Arun
7. The Grand Palace, the residence of the King. The grounds were huge and decorated with brilliant colors, gold trims, and porcelain flowers.
8. …and some scary statues
9. Another area of the Grand Palace
10. A woman making silk at the tea ceremony